Location: London - U.K.
Beringea LLP, a leading international venture capital investment firm based in London and Michigan with over $715m under management, is seeking a London based Corporate Accountant with full responsibility for all aspects of internal and external reporting for UK and US Beringea investment management group as well as for ProVen Legacy PLC, a lending company advised by Beringea.
The successful candidate will work closely with the existing Beringea finance team and investment managers, as well as external VCT directors, accountants, lawyers and advisers. The candidate will be expected to develop the existing role and take on additional reporting and administrative responsibilities as the business expands.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and quarterly board papers for Beringea LLP Partners’ meetings;
- Preparation of quarterly VAT and FCA returns;
- Assistance in ongoing FCA compliance monitoring;
- Transactional processing of sales invoices and purchases;
- Oversight of the US financial reporting (prepared in Detroit);
- Controlling year end audit process and liaison with auditors and tax advisors;
- Overall responsibility for the financial reporting of ProVen Legacy PLC, a lending company advised by Beringea;
- Developing accounting and administration reporting and control processes;
- Ensuring integrity and timely analysis of investment information;
- Analysis and development of investment reporting function; and
- Assistance in all aspects of Beringea’s finance and operations processes as necessary.
- Experienced part-qualified accountant (close to qualification – final case study or equivalent) ideally with some or all of the following experience:
- Corporate accounting;
- Private equity/venture capital accounting/administration experience;
- Tax efficient products (VCT/EIS/BPR); and
- Comfortable reporting to senior board/ Partner level.
- Strong technical accounting skills;
- Strong information technology skills;
- Willingness to get involved in all aspects of finance and operations for a small 22 person company;
- Good mathematical, writing and analytical skills; and
- Sociable and outgoing personality.
We can offer
- Enviable working location (west end offices in Covent Garden);
- Friendly working environment; and
- Competitive salary and benefits package
Interviews, if appropriate, will be firstly by telephone and thereafter in person.APPLY NOW