Funds Financial Controller
Beringea LLP, a leading international venture capital investment firm based in London and Michigan with over $715m under management, is seeking a London based Funds Financial Controller with full responsibility for all aspects of internal and external reporting for the two Venture Capital Trusts (“VCTs”) managed by Beringea.
The successful candidate will work closely with the existing Beringea finance team and investment managers, as well as external VCT directors, accountants, lawyers and advisers. The candidate will be expected to develop the existing role and take on additional reporting and administrative responsibilities as the business expands.
- Preparation of quarterly management accounts and board papers for VCT board meetings;
- Collation and review of investment valuation papers for quarterly internal valuation meetings;
- Preparation of listed company annual accounts, half year reports and other periodic reporting;
- Provision of company secretarial services to the VCTs, supported by external advisers;
- Controlling year end audit process and liaison with auditors, tax advisors and VCT advisers;
- Assistance in preparation of fundraising prospectuses in accordance with UK listing rules;
- Developing accounting and administration reporting and control processes;
- Development of investor reporting;
- Ensuring integrity and timely analysis of investment information;
- Analysis and development of investment reporting function; and
- Assistance in all aspects of Beringea’s finance and operations processes as necessary.
- Qualified accountant (2-3 years PQE) ideally with some or all of the following experience:
- VCT accounting experience;
- Private equity/venture capital accounting/administration experience;
- Tax efficient products (VCT/EIS/BPR);
- Listed company reporting; and
- Comfortable reporting to senior board level.
- Strong technical accounting skills;
- Strong information technology skills;
- Willingness to get involved in all aspects of finance and operations for a small 22 person company;
- Good mathematical, writing and analytical skills; and
- Sociable and outgoing personality.
We can offer
- Enviable working location (west end offices in Covent Garden);
- Friendly working environment; and
- Competitive salary and benefits package
Interviews, if appropriate, will be firstly by telephone and thereafter in person.APPLY NOW